Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Over Excitement....

Many times, and even I am guilty of this, a path can speak to us so strongly that we instantly get swept up into the mysticism of something new and over do it. 

I have run into many people who are very gun-ho on the draw when it comes to learning about a new path in the beginning. As time drags on however, the romanticism of the new fades and you're left with sometimes textbook style learning. It happens. Honestly, it is very important for the history and background of the path to be known just as much as it is for each individual spell and candle color. The old adage, 'If you don't know where you come from, how do you know where you are going?' is very true. Especially when it comes to a spiritual path, in my opinion. You have to know what your convictions are.

There is nothing wrong with researching a new path. But take your time with it. Don't take on more than you can handle! It is very easy to get confused. I've studied for 18 years and the first 3 years kind of all blend together because I did so much at once. I've had to go back and redo what I've already done, just to straighten out facts in my own head/books. 

I love the enthusiasm a new person brings to the table. That thirst to learn. It's intoxicating for a teacher and we want to throw everything we know at them! Sometimes, it's hard even for us to reign ourselves in and remember to slow it down and not overwhelm the new person. 

I, unlike many teachers, get to have students of many different paths. My lesson plans never consist of the same material twice. I have Druidic students, Heathens, Celtic non-Druids, and even a Wiccan or two. My advice to teachers and students alike is to make sure you keep a constant dialogue. If you feel (as a student) you are being overwhelmed, say so! As a teacher, if you need to know if your student can handle more information, ASK! 

Finding your way through this maze of tangled trees should be an adventure for all involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!