Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Day

While everyone else will undoubtedly be posting about resolutions and the upcoming year I will not be. Instead I would like to have a Closing Ceremony for 2014. There are things that are very important to realize and take the time to let go of before starting a new year. Now I bet you're thinking, 'Why didn't you do this at the end of last year?'. True, these things should be done at the close of last year, however with all the planning and holiday season stuff that goes on, does anyone really have time to sit down and reflect on an entire year? Not when you have kids!

First step in this process, think about the really big events that happened throughout the year. For me, it was my 1 year anniversary of my marriage (we've been together for 7 though). It became a big family affair because they felt as though they missed out because we eloped. There was a lot of stress and anger that revolved around that time period. The event itself was beautiful and I had a good time. Switching from public school to homeschooling. It was a HUGE family dynamic shift but it was definitely for the best. Our family has benefited immensely from the change.   

Second step, review personal events, break-throughs, and breakdowns. There were many of all of these for me. Working on a children's book, returning to the work force and being a stay at home mom. There were just as many breakdown moments as well. Times when I just wanted to sit down, rip out my hair, and scream 'I quit!'. 

Third step, go over family centered events. Like the oldest's first tournament where he took a silver medal in sparring. Or Daddy starting his own company. Lastly, we just closed on a new house!

Fourth, time to let go of things that don't serve you anymore. Emotions, negative people who bring you down, bad habits. Time to say good bye to all of those things. Make a list and burn it. Rip it up and flush it down the toilet. Anything that symbolizes ridding yourself of these things. Say goodbye to the old for good. 

Now for the fun part... 

Lastly, let's invoke the new year! It's time to manifest and attract the things that you need and want in your life. Health, peace, happiness, wealth, you decide, YOU make it happen. Write down HOW you are going to make it happen. And release that into the universe. Be positive. Stay positive. Create a ritual to welcome the new (or maintain the positive) into your life.

I look forward to sharing with you in the new year! 

Brightest Blessings!
          )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!