Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Traveling Companions #2

The second Traveling Companion is....

Patience: with your own trials and temptations, and with others.

Yup... Patience. Something I completely lack. This companion is one of the hardest ones to get along with (in my opinion). Sometimes it seems like everyone and everything is conspiring against me and my poor nerves. Stopping to take a deep breath once in a while only helps a little. 

When my oldest starts to see that I am loosing it, he looks at me and with the straightest of faces calmly says, "ribbit". Usually it's enough to remind me to stop...breath... and start over. 

I think everyone needs to find a 'ribbit'. It goes a long way when you are stressed out and helps you regain a smidgeon of Patience that has wandered away. It's not easy to have Patience. Especially in today's society where everything is instant gratification. 

So how do we re-learn something that may have never been taught to us? I'm still trying to figure that one out on a large scale. But I have started with an easy task of saving money for something I was REALLY bad. (A new corset, go figure). I keep a few dollars here and there...sometimes I spend what I've saved and have to start all over again. But that is life. To relate to the first lesson, I am confident that one day I will master Patience as well. 

Now, how does Patience affect our journey? Simple. We can not achieve something grandiose overnight (unless we are SUPER lucky). Every mountain climber starts with a single step. If he keeps Patience with him, he won't give up and will eventually find himself on the other side of that mountain! 

Patience with others is a whole different story. I am VERY lacking in this, but I am trying. Everyone's story is different, their trials are their own and I could never understand how or where they became who they are. I try to accept that I will never be able to change stupid. 

When it comes to being a pagan or a witch, Patience is a MUST. Especially around the major holy holidays, it's just easier if you grin and bear it. I have had many many discussions with Christians, providing facts and sources. Yet, they still can not see past their bible pages and litanies of interpretation (that are usually completely wrong). Just smile and accept their greetings as a show of good will and WALK AWAY. It's not worth the energy to explain something to someone who refuses to listen. I won't lie though... it is fun to stun them into silence when I know their bible/history better than they do :)

Well, where do we start? At the beginning of course. Every journey starts with a single step in the right direction. Even if you are going the wrong way, eventually you will find your way. Start with something small and treat Patience just like you would an exercise program, after all it's a mental muscle that needs to worked out just like your body and spirit.

Until next time...
Brightest Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!