Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Sunday, June 15, 2014

ZzzzzZzzz....ha!

Oh man... does this tired mama wish she could catch up on some Zzz's! 

Lately, and I mean about the last month, I have been busier than I ever thought possible. Between doctor appointments for me and the kids, schooling issues with the Eldest, and working (or thinking about working) on/with the RavenFang Grove and Coven life has been....busy. 

I like projects, being busy, having something to focus on, and RavenFang offers that for me. Not too mention it is very spiritually fulfilling for me. I never realized that teaching could or would be such an awakening for my own spirituality. 

Speaking of teaching... the Eldest is being home schooled next year because of  bullying and education issues this year. Before those who know me go thinking I'm being all hypocritical (I'm not a big fan of "traditional" homeschooling) it's public school at home. I'm not my child's teachers. He has subject specific teachers plus a homeroom teacher. The school offers field trips and groups, clubs, and activities that other programs don't. They even have a gym class. He and I are very excited for this upcoming year. I hope to get him back to the child he was before this school year happened, then hopefully he'll be able to go back to a brick and mortar school next year. If not, he'll stay in the program.

This past week I have gone through the blogs and rediscovered the wonderful recipes I had posted here oh so long ago! I had forgotten how delicious they were. My husband and the Eldest both asked me to not wait 3 years to make all of them again. Haha! If you haven't checked out the kitchen witchin' page, I suggest it. You'll love it.

I did notice that I had forgotten to finish the Wheel of the Year page... that will be remedied this week! Also, I have to update the garden page with tips, tricks and pics of this year's garden. Lol, let me just add that to the ever growing list!

Stay-at-home Witch tip #1
**I'm starting this section because a friend of mine asked me how I manage to be a successful stay at home mom. She's new to the whole thing and feels lost and overwhelmed.**

  • Always get dressed!
It sounds simple and non-essential to the overall scheme of things, BUT it is super important. Not only for you, but for the entire family. Let me explain. 

First, it is all too easy to fall into the yoga pants (or even worse pajama pants) school pick up. I've watched moms at my son's school drop their kids off in the am and then pick their kids up in the pm in the same pj pants...day after day. I get it, they are comfy. However, for your own self esteem and sanity, getting up and dressed every day makes you feel better about yourself. You feel less frumpy. 

Second, your family sees that you are putting an effort into yourself which in turn usually means you are more motivated to put more effort into your family. 

Third, getting dressed every day helps to establish a routine. Most humans thrive on routines. Plus on rough days, you can kind of auto pilot your way through your day because you already know what needs to get done. Your kids (and your own mental stability) will thank you!Ok, maybe not the kids... 


Alright readers! Game of Thrones season finale is in 13 minutes....
Brightest Blessings!
      )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!